Pages

Wednesday 15 October 2014

Capitals

Capitals - what are they and when do you use them in writing?


WALT: Write an explanation telling people what capital letters are and when you use them in writing.



People often don’t use capital letters when they are writing emails or other messages, but it’s important to use them in stories and newspaper articles because when other people read your work they want to see tidy and quality work.


Capital letters start the beginning of names, so for example. My name is Elisabeth. The capitals are used in names because when you write your name on paper some people usually forget to use capitals.


Capital letters have to be used when you write I, I’m, I’ll and lots more. Its important to do that because its makes your writing look tidy. Its also important because when people see that you use capital I's they will know that you are a proper kid and take writing seriously.


Capital letters are also for the days of the week. Monday has a capital in it because it’s similar to a month. It’s similar to months because their both dates. People usually use capitals like this. On Thursday my cousin is coming over to my house.
  • Monday
  • Tuesday
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
  • Friday
  • Saturday
  • Sunday



The names of cities and countries have capitals in the too. This is an example for how to use capitals in these kind of sentences. Next week me and my family are going to Brisbane, Australia to see my sister. Here are a few countries and cities.

  • Auckland
  • Christchurch
  • New Zealand
  • Australia
  • Perth
  • Brisbane
  • Sydney
  • And many more

There are many more reasons why people use capitals. I hope you learned something new and remember KEEP USING CAPITALS!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.